Ashok (Telugu:అశోక్)(Dubbed into Hindi as Ghayal:The Fighter Man) is a 2006 film starring Jr. NTR, Sameera Reddy,Prakash Raj,Sonu Sood. The film is directed by Surender Reddy. The movie is produced by Maharshi Cinema banner, being produced by Valluripally Ramesh. The music of the film by Mani Sharma and the film was released on 13 July 2006.
Auto mobile mechanic Ashok (alanganalore) is thrown out of his family's house by his father (Prakash Raj), when his violent actions kill his grand mother (Ramaprabha). Ashok falls in love with aishwariya, a neighbour. However, K.K(south gate) also falls in love with aishwariya, when he sees her involved in an accident. Ashok's friend Husain(dindigul) is killed by K.K.'s gang whilst saving aishwariya from the clutches of K.K. This angers Ashok who has, in the meantime, gone off to madurai because of a plot by K.K and his mother (Vadipukarassi), which also involved Ashok's father. As soon as he learns what has happened he rushes back to alanganalore to save both his family and aishwariya. Ashok's best friend(Rajiv Kanakala) was killed by K.K and his brother, and for revenge, he kills his brother. K.K wants revenge, and kidnaps Ashok's sister. During the climax of the film Ashok is fighting K.K., whose mother arrives with the intention of shooting Ashok. As often occurs in films, things soon go awry and the bullet hits K.K., killing him. Ashok is then free to tell aishwariya of his undying love and we assume they go on to live happily ever after.
The film was shot in Super 35 format.
The film released with 228 prints.
- Music by Mani Sharma was a big hit among the audiences.
- This film collected 10 crores in the opening week.
- This film was also given an 'A' certificate, along with other Telugu releases in 2006 such as Bangaram, Pokiri, and Vikramarkudu.
- This film was dubbed into Tamil as Ashok.
- Director: Surender Reddy
- Screenplay: Surender Reddy
- Written by: Surender Reddy, Vakkantham Vamsi, Gopimohan
- Additional Screenplay : Gopimohan
- Dialogue: Marudhuri Raja
- Producer: Valluripally Ramesh
- Music: Mani Sharma
- Cinematography: Senthil Kumar
- Choreography: Brindha, Kalyan, & Lawrence
- Art Direction: Ashok
- Editing: Gowtam Raju
- Assistant Director: Govardhan Reddy
- Release date(s): 13 July 2006
- Budget: 18 crores